A carefree business trip
If you decide to go on a business trip, you naturally want a carefree trip where you can fully focus on your work or the purpose of the business trip. Before you leave find out more about the destination you are travelling to and check what you need to do so as to comply Dutch government’s restrictions with when you return to the Netherlands. Good preparation can ensure a carefree trip and you can reduce the chance of becoming infected while traveling and bringing new COVID variants back to the Netherlands.
Choose for certainty
- Check the travel advice on the website Nederlandwereldwijd (in dutch). If you receive an orange travel advice, determine whether your business trip is really necessary.
- Check which requirements apply to (business) travellers in the country, such as the Digital Corona Certificate in the EU, or whether you need to go into quarantine on arrival and what other rules apply. Use our handy overview.
- Download the government travel app (in dutch), make the destination ‘favorite’ and receive automatic notification if the situation at the destination changes.
- Download the CoronaCheck app (in ducth) to put your vaccination and/or corona proof in it, so you can show it if needed.
- If you do not have a corona certificate, you can get tested for free during the months of July, August and September 2021. Go to “Testing Before Your Trip” (in dutch) for more information and make a testing appointment. The negative test result will also show up in the CoronaCheck app.
- Check your travel insurance what will and will not be covered, even if the travel advice and the situation in the country to be visited changes while you are there.
- Take enough mouth masks, hand gel and possibly self-tests with you.
Travelling back to the Netherlands
The Dutch government has changed the restrictions on travel to the Netherlands effective July 1, 2021. For the business traveller returning to the Netherlands please look at the following so as to avoid any surprises.
- Check the government’s website (in dutch) for the current conditions for travelling back to the Netherlands. Here you will find more information about when you do or do not need to have a negative test result, and what type of test.
- If you come from a high-risk area, home quarantine (staying at home) is mandatory when you arrive in the Netherlands. Even if you have been vaccinated.
- If you travel by plane, you must be able to present a completed health statement. This applies to all passengers, even if you have had the vaccination, but with the exception of transit passengers.
An overview of all other useful links can be found on our website such as an overview of the COVID-19 restrictions in other countries, the flight restrictions per country via IATA and all rapid test locations abroad.
Our Travel Consultants are ready to help you with all their knowledge, expertise and book your business trip for you. Contact us and you will experience our services immediately.
Source: Dutch Government
From Saturday, November 6, the face mask obligation will be implemented again at Dutch airports and train stations. This was reported by the Dutch cabinet this week after the corona infections
As a crew manager, you spend a lot of time every day planning your crew changes. A hectic job that we, with our updated Crew.NET tool, can make a lot easier.
The United States will begin admitting travellers with COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) from November 8. On September 20, it was announced that travel restrictions would be
October will see significant changes when entering the United Kingdom (UK). These include the elimination of the ID card as a valid proof of identity to enter the country and the
The fact that a business trip has become so much more complex than before has been a fact of life for the past year and a half. The travel restrictions and