Rotterdam The Hague Airport ready to restart commercial air traffic
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Rotterdam The Hague Airport was mainly used for essential business air traffic, repatriation flights and for air traffic that had to redirect. But this month, the airport will again welcome (business) travellers for the commercial flights.
Corona measures at Rotterdam The Hague Airport
The safety and health of passengers, employees and supply chain partners are a priority at the airport. The guidelines of the RIVM and the GGD are being followed and the following new airport guidelines have been drawn up in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Wearing a non-medical mouth mask for passengers and staff is obligated in the terminal.
- Passengers must present a completed health certificate when entering the terminal.
- Physical contact between personnel and passengers is kept to a minimum, personnel are provided with gloves, check-in and service desks are equipped with mudguards and passengers are requested to keep the necessary distance in accordance with RIVM advice.
- In order to maintain the necessary distance of 1.5 metres, lines have been installed.
- The terminal is equipped with an air handling system that continuously lets in clean filtered fresh air.
- Disinfectant hand grips are available for passengers at various points.
- Additional and intensive cleaning work is carried out and all sanitary areas are provided with hygiene advice.
- People who drop off and pick up the travellers should wait outside, preferably in the car park by the car to avoid having too many people waiting in the forecourt of the airport.
- The airport frequently coordinates with the Municipal Health Service, RIVM, other airports and the Rotterdam-Rijnmond Safety Region in order to closely monitor the situation and keep each other informed.
Step by step
From 18 June 2020, the first commercial flights will be operated from the airport. It is expected that the number of flights and the number of destinations will slowly increase again. Transavia is the first airline that has announced a flight schedule from Rotterdam and is currently reviewing this on a weekly basis. When other airlines will resume their flight schedule at Rotterdam The Hague Airport is not known yet.
Do you have questions about how you can start up your business travel again? Please contact contact your Account Manager. If you would like to book a business trip, our Travel Consultants are ready to assist you. Send an email and they will contact you.
The diagram below provides an overview in alphabetical order with links to websites of airlines that have published specific information on COVID-19 or have a modified policy due to the corona
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Rotterdam The Hague Airport was mainly used for essential business air traffic, repatriation flights and for air traffic that had to redirect. But this month, the
With many commercial scheduled flights not yet available, charter flights are a good alternative for some customers. Charter flights are flights that are not operated according to a fixed schedule, but